Together with fourteen leading companies from around the globe, GCA launched its Youth Leadership Program during the inaugural Climate Adaptation Summit on 25 -26 January. CEOs and senior staff from these fourteen companies recorded statements of collaboration for the launch event, explaining why they have chosen to partner with the GCA on the Youth Leadership Program.
Each leaders in climate action themselves, GCA’s fourteen company partners highlighted the power of youth innovation to tackle climate challenges, stressed the importance of empowering young people to drive forward ambition adaptation agendas, and shared their ambitions for the Youth Leadership Program.
You can read more about GCA’s collaboration with these fourteen leading companies on our blog post introducing the partnership, here.
1. Patrick Verkooijen, CEO, GCA, The Netherlands
2. Shemara Wikramanayake, CEO, Macquarie, Australia
3. Elizabeth Nyakwea, HR Director, Mkopa, Kenya
4. Prashant Kumar, CEO, YES Bank, India
5. Allard Castelein, CEO, Port of Rotterdam
6. Renat Heuberger, CEO, South Pole + Marie Andrée Liere, Senior specialist + Nicole Brusa, Junior European Projects Coordinator, Switzerland
7. John Haley, CEO, Willis Towers Watson, UK
8. Francesca Gostinelli, Head of Group Strategy, Economics & Scenario Planning, Enel, Italy
9. Mahendra Singhi, MD & CEO, Dalmia Cement (Bharat) Limited, India
10. Brad Staples, CEO, APCO, USA
11. Jennifer Lewis, Head of Communications and Engagement Temasek Foundation, Singapore
12. Dick Benschop, CEO, Royal Schiphol Group, The Netherlands
13. Veronica Scotti, Chair of Public Sector Solutions, Swiss Re, Switzerland
14. Syed Mahbubur Rahman, CEO & MD, Mutual Trust Bank, Bangladesh